SOCIAL MEDIA

Dec 31, 2020

Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas Review

Devil in Spring
The Ravenels #3
By Lisa Kleypas
Release Date: February 21st, 2017
Avon Romance
Source: Book I own

An eccentric wallflower…

Most debutantes dream of finding a husband. Lady Pandora Ravenel has different plans. The ambitious young beauty would much rather stay at home and plot out her new board game business than take part in the London Season. But one night at a glittering society ball, she’s ensnared in a scandal with a wickedly handsome stranger.

A cynical rake…

After years of evading marital traps with ease, Gabriel, Lord St. Vincent, has finally been caught-by a rebellious girl who couldn’t be less suitable. In fact, she wants nothing to do with him. But Gabriel finds the high-spirited Pandora irresistible. He’ll do whatever it takes to possess her, even if their marriage of convenience turns out to be the devil’s own bargain.

A perilous plot…

After succumbing to Gabriel’s skilled and sensuous persuasion, Pandora agrees to become his bride. But soon she discovers that her entrepreneurial endeavors have accidentally involved her in a dangerous conspiracy—and only her husband can keep her safe. As Gabriel protects her from their unknown adversaries, they realize their devil’s bargain may just turn out to be a match made in heaven...

*Book I Own*
I have never made it a secret that Devil in Winter is and will always be my most beloved book ever! I have worn out 2 physical copies of the book (and have 2 backups), it was the very first Lisa Kleypas book I ever read and Sebastian will always be the best rake turned husband that ever was. so when I heard that the author was writing a book about his and Evie's son, well I 100% admit, I was nervous. But so far I had enjoyed The Ravenels series, especially Marrying Winterborne, so who was I to doubt the author's vision.

Well from the very first chapter I loved this book, Pandora truly lives up to her name, and other than Evie (Devil in Winter), there has never been a heroine that I have connected with more. Pandora's childhood was filled with disregard and abuse and you just feel for all the Ravenel children, and now out in society to have so many blunders, you honestly can help but be enchanted by her antics.

Gabriel, Lord St. Vincent has a lot to live up to with his name but takes it all in stride and confidence, given the loving family that he was raised in. So with his parent's love and guidance, he has become a peer that mamas would love for their daughters to trap, but instead, he gets ensnared by a wildcat, who was traped in a sofa!

Oh my goodness this book is delicious! Devil in Spring goes beyond with I could have ever have imagined! the twists and turns of the story and the characters manage to keep you captivated from the first chapter and leave you wanting more by the end of the book.

I can only give Devil in Spring one score, 5 stars!



LISA KLEYPAS is the RITA award-winning author of 21 novels. Her books are published in fourteen languages and are bestsellers all over the world. She lives in Washington State with her husband and two children.

No comments :

Post a Comment